The objective of this position is to support the R&D field testing needs for Carrot breeding in the Netherlands Warmenhuizen. As trial officer you will have the responsibility for the coordination and implementation of R&D field trial program mainly for Carrots. For this position Hazera Seeds is seeking an enthusiastic, result oriented, and highly communicative individual. You will be a member of the Operation R&D department reporting to the R&D Operations lead NL. You will have close interaction with breeding team from France and operations Warmenhuizen in the Netherlands. You will be based at R&D center Hazera in Warmenhuizen.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Search for and organize the appropriate fields for the trial
- Actively manage all components of the R&D field trial plan, e.g. placement of trials, sowing, labelling etc
- Work with farmer to optimize the crop management (fertilization, control of weeds, crop protection (pest & diseases), and irrigation
- Actively steer on field trial success and quality data, monitor and report on progress
- Carry out evaluation of trials (germination, maturity…) and support the breeding team in selections
- Organize and perform trials harvest finding and managing labour from growers, temporary worker agency if needed
- Organize transport of boxes with selected material to the Breeding Station
- Interact with operational colleagues within the Hazera group and external with growers. Build reliable working relationships with those
- Contribute to the further development of a R&D trial network through engagement and collaborative interaction with colleagues in the different regions
- Ensure breeder trials are being handled in the best possible way at all our external growers.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Agronomical background/experience or field vegetable crop research
- Good work-life balance, because of our flexible workhours and our good amount of paid holidays
- Participation in the pension scheme
- Possibility to participate in our group health insurance
- A bachelore education with relevant working experience
- Proven experience in field trialing, including trial setup and field evaluations
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and a strong problem solving capability
- Expertise in MS Office, data analysis and with handheld field data collection devices and associated software
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically frequently and internationally time to time and to work under variable environmental conditions associated with field trial work
- Knowledge of the English and preferbaly also French language (Speaking, Reading, and Writing)
- Knowledge on machinery (sowing machine, harvester) and a driver license CE is a pre
Hazera is a worldwide leader in the breeding, development, production and marketing of hybrid vegetable seed varieties, characterized by advanced research & development, marketing throughout the world, and agro-technical support. Combining decades of experience with state-of-the-art technology, Hazera constantly develops new products that address market needs. Thanks to our core beliefs of expertise, trust, engagement and dynamism, shared by our committed teams we strive to continuously exceed the expectations of our customers. Hazera headquarters are situated in Israel and The Netherlands and with a worldwide presence through our 12 subsidiaries. Hazera is part of the Limagrain Group.
Working at Hazera means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs. That’s why it's great to work at Hazera! For more information, please visit our website www.hazera.nl and www.hazera.com.
If you are interested in joining a growing organization please apply by submitting your cv in English.