Global Fresh Chain Manager
As Fresh chain Manager you are responsible for the design, development and implementation of a global fresh chain / downstream strategy based on understanding market dynamics, and initiating new business developments opportunities. You are accountable for building and launching a portfolio of products and concepts through the chain. Working primarily on high value crops, the role will be entrepreneurial by design and essentials duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain relationships with vegetable supply chain partners such as major retail companies, trading companies, food processors and large growers; the relationship will enable Hazera to be seen as the preferred partner in the vegetable value chain for the co-creation and implementation of customer- and consumer- focused concepts
- Develop a strong understanding of all the different customers’ needs, requirements and objectives as well as trends in the industry / consumer level, in order to address these needs with solutions in Hazera’s existing or future portfolio
- You engage to share knowledge internally and build a strategy with local crop specialists and product development specialists in various countries related to chain activities, product assortment and local business development; collaborate and manage new products, new product concepts, and product development across the value chain
- Determine breeding objectives and product specifications at mid and long-term level based on a strong understanding of market dynamics and competitive environment
- Plan, develop and implement (trade)marketing activities with customers and partners to generate seed sales of Hazera varieties – with a particular focus on high value crops
- Co-design and create with Marketing Communication Teams a coordinated approach at the customer level including creation of support / branding for participation in meetings, events, exhibitions, etc.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- The opportunity to work in an international organization which gives you the opportunity to promote (new) vegetable varieties in the market
- Good work-life balance, because of our high amount of paid holidays and flexible worktimes
- Participation in the pension scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone from Hazera Seeds
Our ideal new colleague would have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering/Science, Business, Marketing, or related and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in marketing-product management and development. Background in argiculture and/or experience in argiculture (desired). Preference for person with good knowledge of and experience with commercial (producer/buyer) dynamics, in fresh chain product management, category manager or business dev. role in supermarkets
- Interpersonal and communication skills – possess strong leadership and communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships with various positions within the organization (Breeder, Marketing, Product Development and Sales). Play a coordination role with key stakeholders
- Strategic planning and amalytical skills– Ability to initiate and lead the planning and analysis of market data, through constant communication and coordination with research, development, and sales teams, in order to evaluate main targets. Ability to plan actions and analyze results (project management skills preferred)
- Technical Skills, like practical knowledge and experience in product development, seed or fresh produce sales or vegetable production is favored
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to travel on a regular basis. Ability and willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
About Hazera Seeds:
Hazera is a worldwide leader in the breeding, development, production and marketing of hybrid vegetable seed varieties, characterized by advanced research & development, marketing throughout the world, and agro-technical support. Combining decades of experience with state-of-the-art technology, Hazera constantly develops new products that address market needs. Thanks to our core beliefs of expertise, trust, engagement and dynamism, shared by our committed teams we strive to continuously exceed the expectations of our customers. Hazera headquarters are situated in Israel and The Netherlands and with a worldwide presence through our 12 subsidiaries. Hazera is part of the Limagrain Group.
Working at Hazera means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal, international environment. We are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of our organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs. That’s why it's great to work at Hazera! For more information please visit our website www.hazera.nl and www.hazera.com.
If you are interested in joining a growing organization please apply by submitting your cv in English.